dimitris

I'm looking at the jbossxb pom (in trunk). It declares a dependency on:

<dependency>
       <groupId>apache-xerces</groupId>
       <artifactId>xercesImpl</artifactId>
       <version>2.9.1</version>
       <scope>compile</scope>
       </dependency>

Shouldn't it declare a dependency on the version of xml-apis that goes with the xerces impl?
      i.e.
       <dependency>
       <groupId>apache-xerces</groupId>
       <artifactId>xml-apis</artifactId>
       <version>2.9.1</version>
       <scope>compile</scope>
       </dependency>

• 1. Re: JBossXB pom
          aloubyansky

Would it be used if it did? Would it make more sense to add xml-apis dependency to xercesImpl instead?

• 2. Re: JBossXB pom
            dimitris

I'm seeing the problem from a higher level module (jboss-metadata) that uses both MC and XB, with each one declaring different versions of xerces impl + api.

If xercesImpl is tied to the xml-apis version (I guess it is), then maybe this is where the depedency should be added.

• 3. Re: JBossXB pom
              aloubyansky

Yes, that's the reason why they are released together. But actually xml-apis.jar is a part of JDK's rt.jar. So, unless it's put into endorsed it's won't be used.

• 4. Re: JBossXB pom
                dimitris

Right.

Anybody knows what's the maven way to specify libs that would normally go to the endorsed directory?

• 5. Re: JBossXB pom
                  aloubyansky

You mean JDK's endorsed? That doesn't seem to me like a good idea. One thing is endorsed in AS - we own it. We can't say the same about JDK, it used to run different things.
                  In addition, so far there have been no issue related to xml-apis versions.