1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 30, 2009 8:42 AM by peterj

sub-pool per user logged in

Hi
      We have an application which is deployed on jboss4 and maintaining a pool of connection with Inconcert database. PFB the ds.xml file:-
      <no-tx-connection-factory>
      <jndi-name>IcJava</jndi-name>
      <adapter-display-name>Inconcert System Connection</adapter-display-name>
      <rar-name>inconcert.rar</rar-name>
      <connection-definition>com.wcg.framework.ra.InconcertConnectionFactory</connection-definition>
      <config-property name="ServerName" type="java.lang.String">optxicp</config-property>
      <config-property name="ServerHost" type="java.lang.String">icapp</config-property>
      <config-property name="ServerPort" type="java.lang.String">61071</config-property>
      <min-pool-size>0</min-pool-size>
      <!-- A seperate sub-pool is created per username logged into inconcert, and the max pool size is per sub pool -->
      <max-pool-size>40</max-pool-size>

<blocking-timeout-millis>5000</blocking-timeout-millis>
      <idle-timeout-minutes>10</idle-timeout-minutes>
      <application-managed-security/>
      </no-tx-connection-factory>

I am not able to understand what is the meaning of sub pool per user. I think connection pool is maintained at application level and not at user level. Much appreciate if somebody clarify my doubt.
      Thanks in advance,
      Manoj

• 1. Re: sub-pool per user logged in
          peterj

You are correct in assuming that a database connection pool is maintained at the application server level, not at the user level. However, it would appear that the Inconcert database maintains its own connection pool. You should ask your question to the makers of the database.