I'm sorry, I think the cut and paste of the portlet.xml somehow got corrupted. I've verified that this is what is deployed inside the war. At runtime, I get the same result, the title displays as null. Incidentally, I've deployed the same portlet without modification into both Vignette Application Portal and IBM Websphere Portal and title displays fine. This seems quite odd. I'll probably pull down the source and try to determine exactly where the title is being pulled from and why it may be null. Thanks. Any suggestions are appreciated.
<portlet-app version="1.0" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd"> <portlet> <description>Tapestry Hello World Portlet</description> <portlet-name>TapestryHelloWorld</portlet-name> <display-name>TapestryHelloWorld</display-name> <portlet-class>org.apache.tapestry.portlet.ApplicationPortlet</portlet-class> <expiration-cache>-1</expiration-cache> <supports> <mime-type>text/html</mime-type> <portlet-mode>view</portlet-mode> <portlet-mode>help</portlet-mode> <portlet-mode>edit</portlet-mode> </supports> <supported-locale>en</supported-locale> <portlet-info> <title>TapestryHelloWorld</title> <short-title>tapestry-portlet</short-title> <keywords></keywords> </portlet-info> </portlet> </portlet-app>
Actually, the initial cut and paste of the portlet.xml file is fine. It just doesn't render properly. If you view source, you can see that it exists. I should have used code tags like I did in the second post. Anyway, the original problem exists, title is null. Thanks.