3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2008 1:21 PM by nbelaevski

modalPanel cross-browser problems

jrod79

Hello there,

I have Richfaces / EJB solution that uses the rich:modalPanel tag to do advanced searches and to confirm deletions and other things. In Firefox 3 it almost works perfectly. There are a number of challenges I'm facing though and could really use some help.

1. In IE and Safari it will no rerender the list after a delete. It works perfectly in Firefox though.
      2. In Safari when I do an advanced search it will not even close the modal dialog after a search even though it works perfectly in Firefox.
      3. In all browsers it will not display any errors in <h:messages /> since it is forcing a refresh and consequently losing the error messages.

Please help. I'm 3 weeks away from releasing this product and this is killing me. I am dead in the water without having to completely come up with a whole new implementation for these things.

Thanks,

Jared

• 1. Re: modalPanel cross-browser problems
          nbelaevski

Jared,

Can you show us page code?

• 2. Re: modalPanel cross-browser problems
            jrod79

Absolutely:

Link to launch the modal panel:

<a4j:commandLink reRender="advancedSearch" oncomplete="Richfaces.showModalPanel('advancedSearch')" title="#{msgs.advancedSearch}" rendered="#{Profile.roleAllowed['BOOK_VIEW_LIST'] and !Profile.manageBook}" >
             <h:graphicImage id="adSearchGraphc" value="/images/arrow_01_UP.gif" alt="#{msgs.advancedSearch}" />
             <h:outputText value="#{msgs.advancedSearch}"/>
             </a4j:commandLink>

Modal panel:

<rich:modalPanel id="advancedSearch" width="220" height="420">
             <f:facet name="header">
             <h:outputText value="#{msgs.advancedSearch}" />
             </f:facet>
             <f:facet name="controls">
             <h:graphicImage value="/images/btn_logout.gif" width="15" style="cursor:pointer" onclick="Richfaces.hideModalPanel('advancedSearch')" />
             </f:facet>

<h:form>

<a4j:commandLink action="bookList" reRender="bookList" oncomplete="{Richfaces.hideModalPanel('advancedSearch');}" >
             <h:graphicImage class="searchIcon" id="advSearchGraphc" value="/images/btn_search_UP.gif" alt="#{msgs.search}" />
             </a4j:commandLink>

</h:form>

</rich:modalPanel>

As you can see I am calling reRender="bookList" which is the id of the datatable. From what I can tell the problem is something to do with the javascript not running properly on IE and Safari.

<rich:dataTable width="644" id="bookList" rows="12" value="#{Book.list}" var="book">

I can give you anything else you may need.

Thanks,

J

• 3. Re: modalPanel cross-browser problems
              nbelaevski

Some more info is needed:

1. Richfaces version
              2. IE/Safari versions
              3. Trace from a4j:log component
              4. Are there any errors in browser error console/status bar?