3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2005 4:41 AM by Jacek Laskowski

Apache MyFaces 1.1.0 and 2.2.0-ALPHA don't work any more

Jacek Laskowski Newbie

Hi,

Until recently, I could develop portlets with MyFaces impl. Now, JSF forms are no longer able to pass form parameters to backing beans and MyFaces reports

14:06:20,659 WARN [HtmlRendererUtils] There should always be a submitted value for an input if it is rendered, its form is submitted, and it is not disabled or read-only.

If I test out the web application as as a regular web app (not a portlet) it works fine. It seems that the latest changes to the Friendly URLs or Themes broke JSF apps.

Besides, when I use the friendly urls with window name at the end, Portal prints out:

14:05:25,650 ERROR [[PortalServletWithPathMapping]] Servlet.service() for servlet PortalServletWithPathMapping threw exception
      java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.portal.core.impl.model.portal.WindowImpl
       at org.jboss.portal.core.impl.model.portal.PageImpl.getPage(PageImpl.java:46)
       at org.jboss.portal.core.model.portal.PortalObjectCommandMapper$1.getChild(PortalObjectCommandMapper.java:74)
       at org.jboss.portal.server.servlet.PathParser.map(PathParser.java:51)
       at org.jboss.portal.core.model.portal.PortalObjectCommandMapper.doMapping(PortalObjectCommandMapper.java:131)
       at org.jboss.portal.core.command.mapper.PrefixDelegatingCommandMapperService.doMapping(PrefixDelegatingCommandMapperService.java:150)

When I strip the window name it displays fine. It worked 2 days ago.

Jacek