3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2006 12:16 PM by danny_hon

Inter Portlet Communication

arvind_pv

Hi Everyone,

I have two portlets in my application which will communicate with each other. Portlet communication is working fine with PortletSession.

I'm deploying my application in deploy folder bundled as enterprise archieve.

I have seen the example of JBoss which is available in Test/event test Page in Portal 2.2.

Here in this example, JBoss is using the PortalNodeEventListener interface and some configurations file i.e.

1. jboss-service.xml
      2. PortalEventListenerRegistryImpl.xml

Here when the jboss server starts it's reading the jboss-service.xml present in default/jboss-portal.sar/META-INF.

By looking at the above example of JBoss, I too did the same thing in JBoss for my application, I have modified the jboss-service.xml file and added the below entry and restarted the server. On server startup, I'm getting the below exception i.e. java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: sample.portlets.SubscriberPortlet$Listener

<mbean
      code="org.jboss.portal.core.event.PortalEventListenerServiceImpl"
      name="portal:service=ListenerService,type=sample_listener"
      xmbean-dd="org/jboss/portal/core/event/PortalEventListenerServiceImpl.xml">
      <depends optional-attribute-name="Registry" proxy-type="attribute">portal:service=ListenerRegistry</depends>
      <attribute name="RegistryId">sample_listener</attribute>
      <attribute name="ListenerClassName">samples.portlets.SubscriberPortlet$Listener</attribute>
      </mbean>

How do I specify to Jboss to read my archieve on server startup?

Is there any other way that we can implement the Inter Portlet Communication?

Thanks