2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2006 8:18 AM by cpage

Create/Destroy portal instances

Hi,

at page 14 of JBoss Portal 2.2 user guide I read that the first functionality is Create/Destroy portal instances. In the following page (page 15) there is a clear picture where is shown that "default" is a Portal Instance in the tree (the level under the root). I was not able to create inside the management portlet another Portal Instance. I was only able to create other pages inside the default Portal and other portlet windows inside each page.

How can I do to create other Portal Instance from within The Management Tab?

Many thanks and bye,
      Giordano

• 1. Re: Create/Destroy portal instances

Unfortunately this feature has not been developped yet as part of the managment portlet. It is only possible to do it with an XML file that will create it.

• 2. Re: Create/Destroy portal instances

btw, i have a bug in the management portlet :

when you create a new instance of portlet without specify a name for this instance, it's never more possible to destroy it when the instance with no name is added in a page.

moreover, i ask myself where does the portal store this information ?
            i just can find a trace of my instance of portlet added in page dynamically ?

in the DB ? in xml files ?

thank you

regards,
            Lionel