1. Download the JBoss Portal source project.
2. Build it and deploy it.
3. Download MySQL 4.1 and install it.
4. Create a new schema in MySQL
5. Create a new user in MySQL called "portal" with
password "portalpassword" and give him all
access rights to the jbossportal schema.
6. Goto section 2.1.3 to 2.1.4 of the JBoss Portal User Guide
and follow the instructions for setting up the database datasource.
7. Goto section 2.5.3 Rebuilding the DB tables to
recreate the database tables with their
associated data. This does not usually happen
correctly when you first launch JBoss AS.
Goto to the online docs as they are the only ones that have this
8. Drop the portal-mysql-ds.xml file into the
9. Launch JBOSS AS "default"
10. Goto URL: http://localhost:8080/portal
hey thanks for that. Jboss portal is working fine on jboss 4.0.2. but its not working on jboss 4.0.3SP1.
Any thoughts on that.