1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 17, 2006 11:05 AM by mholzner

need help with portal2.2 configurations

axh1359

hello I need some help with jboss portal 2.2 configurations. I deployed a new portal instance in myportal-object.xml and I can successfully access the portal instance with custom portlets, the problem is I need every portlet to have NavigationPortlet in it and in my *-object.xml I add this for every page

<window-name>NavigationPortletWindow</window-name>
       <instance-ref>NavigationPortletInstance</instance-ref>
       <region>navigation</region>
       <height>0</height>

but the default properties did not create the following with emptyRenderer
      theme.decorationRendererId
      theme.portletRendererId
      theme.windowRendererId
      so I get a full portlet on top of the page, I add for every page with NavigationPortletWindows, so how do I assign default properties to NavigationPortletWindow thanks.

Second question, eventhough I can access the custom portal instance and run the portlets successfully..for the first time, but when I click maximized or minimized or help or submit it shows 404 error resources not found..anyone know where should I look at this problem? thanks again.

• 1. Re: need help with portal2.2 configurations

"axh1359" wrote:

so I get a full portlet on top of the page, I add <properties> for every page with NavigationPortletWindows, so how do I assign default properties to NavigationPortletWindow thanks.

I'm afraid there is no way to do this currently. You'll have to assign the properties to each window definition.

"axh1359" wrote:

Second question, eventhough I can access the custom portal instance and run the portlets successfully..for the first time, but when I click maximized or minimized or help or submit it shows 404 error resources not found..anyone know where should I look at this problem? thanks again.

Did you specify a different layout strategy in the portal properties ?
          Check to make sure that the layout and the layout strategy you are using are both existing, and point to valid jsp's for all states defined in the layout descriptor.