JBOSS APP SERVER: 4.0.3SP1
      JBOSS PORTAL SERVER 2.2 BINARY
      DATABASE : ORACLE 9.2.
      JDBC CONNECTOR : ojdbc14.jar

DS.XLM:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<local-tx-datasource>
      <jndi-name>PortalDS</jndi-name>
      <connection-url>jdbc:oracle:thin:TESTPORTAL/TESTPORTAL@ip:port:dbservice</connection-url>
      <driver-class>OJDBC14.JAR</driver-class>
      <user-name>TESTPORTAL</user-name>
      TESTPORTAL
      </local-tx-datasource>

same results with driver-class:
      <driver-class>oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver</driver-class>

LOG ERROR :

Error: 942, SQLState: 42000

2006-01-18 08:42:27,798 ERROR [org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

2006-01-18 08:42:27,800 DEBUG [org.hibernate.jdbc.JDBCContext] after autocommit

Error: 942, SQLState: 42000
      2006-01-18 08:42:27,818 ERROR [org.hibernate.util.JDBCExceptionReporter] ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

2006-01-18 08:42:27,821 DEBUG [org.hibernate.jdbc.JDBCContext] after autocommit

Tables created:
      JBP_CONTEXT
      JBP_INSTANCE
      JBP_INSTANCE_PREF
      JBP_INSTANCE_PREF_VALUE
      JBP_OBJECT_NODE
      JBP_PAGE
      JBP_PORTAL
      JBP_PORTAL_MODE
      JBP_PORTAL_OBJECT
      JBP_PORTAL_OBJECT_PROPS
      JBP_PORTAL_WINDOW_STATE
      JBP_ROLES
      JBP_ROLE_MEMBERSHIP
      JBP_SECURITY_CONSTRAINT
      JBP_SECURITY_POLICY
      JBP_USERS
      JBP_USER_PREF
      JBP_USER_PREFS_GROUP
      JBP_USER_PREF_SET
      JBP_USER_PREF_VALUE
      JBP_USER_PROP
      JBP_WINDOW

Result in the browser http:\\ip:port/PORTAL

The requested resource () is not available

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Some error in portal configuration
          dmiklancic

Two possible reasons for the errors:

1. ORA-00942: table or view does not exist often means the user, TESTPORTAL in your case, does not have access (select, update, etc.) to the table. Unfortunately, the message fails to inform you what table is either missing or not accessible.

There are a few tables such as the HILOSEQUENCES and TIMER tables which may not have been created in the TESTPORTAL schema and are there for not accessible by TESTPORTAL. I offer this as an example as I do not know if these two tables are even used by the portal.

The default install of jboss portal uses the HSQLDB with the sa account which I believe has DBA-like authorities -- can access virtually anything. I suspect your TESTPORTAL might not have broad enough rights to access one or more tables in the database.

It would be great if someone could offer up the specific rights requried by the portal account. The user guide simply says create an account and everything else is automatic. This works if the account is granted sufficiently broad rights.

2. I have noted error messages such as the ones above on the initial start-up of the portal against an empty database. Once the tables have been created and initialized, subsequent start-ups do not log any such errors. In this case, the tables may truly be missing and the initial start-up responds by creating the missing tables, explaining why subsequent start-ups proceed normally without errors.