0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2006 1:57 AM by maxedout

CMS manager error (new to jboss)

maxedout

Hi, I don't know much about open source software or jboss yet. I'm a high school student and, a friend of mine who I'm learning to help suggested I learn and start experimenting with Jboss and right now I am only using the portal aspect of it. I'm running it on mac os x tiger...Jboss version 2.2.1-Rc2...I ran it off the file "run.sh".

I'm pretty sure the CMS manager worked at one point but I guess at somepoint while experimenting with the manager portlet I messed it up (thats my guess).

The error I get is: Http status 500; exception report.
      description:
      The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception:
      javax.servlet.ServletException: query did not return a unique result: 2
      org.jboss.portal.server.servlet.PortalServlet.doGet(PortalServlet.java:227)
      javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
      javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
      org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)

root cause :org.hibernate.NonUniqueResultException: query did not return a unique result: 2
      org.hibernate.impl.AbstractQueryImpl.uniqueElement(AbstractQueryImpl.java:663)
      org.hibernate.impl.AbstractQueryImpl.uniqueResult(AbstractQueryImpl.java:650)
      org.jboss.portal.core.impl.model.portal.PersistentPortalObjectContainer.lookup(PersistentPortalObjectContainer.java:208)
      org.jboss.portal.core.impl.model.portal.PersistentPortalObjectContainer.getObject(PersistentPortalObjectContainer.java:143)
      sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor169.invoke(Unknown Source)

I think that's enough of the error code to be able to pin point the problem..I'm sorry I don't really know how to troubleshoot yet and may have pasted a lot of extraneous information.
      Ok thanks for the help, I look forward to learning more about Jboss
      and please excuse me for probably using incorrect terminology

--Thanks Max