2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2006 11:25 AM by maxvanloon

Management Portlet, strange behaviour

maxvanloon

I succesfully login as administrator into portal, and I can succesfully add/remove pages to my site deployed into portal.
      The fact is that if I restart JBoss, and I get again logged into portal, all that I have previously created is disappeared :(

The pentaho-object.xml file into this deployed directory:

/home/pentahome/pentaho/jboss/server/default/deploy/jboss-portal.sar/pentaho-portlets.war/WEB-INF

contains all the preconfigured entries, that of course survive to the jboss restart.
      I noticed that if I make changes to that file I'll be able to see that after server restart, but it's crazy that I cannot create thinghs at runtime into the admin section of the portal and see them after server restart.
      I also noticed that my pages configuration infos are succesfully stored into auth DB schema.

Please help, we are evaluating this solution for our next BI projects so I would like to understand if this is a lack of my skills in jboss portal, a bug, or whatever.

Thanks

Max

• 1. Re: Management Portlet, strange behaviour

This is unusual. What DB are you using? Maybe changes are not being persisted? Or you have the overwrite flag on every page?

• 2. Re: Management Portlet, strange behaviour
            maxvanloon

"roy.russo@jboss.com" wrote:
            This is unusual. What DB are you using? Maybe changes are not being persisted? Or you have the overwrite flag on every page?

I'm using MySQL.
            I can see my new configuration data, generated by the ManagementPortlet, into the db. But it looks like portal doesnt looks at the db, but to configuration files, to retrieve portlets and pages to display.

Sorry, but I'm a newbie in JBoss portal, can you explain me what you mean with " overwrite flag on every page " ? Maybe that's the solution of my problem :)

Thanks

Max