Did you try logging out of the portal and back in again? Or just logging in? The portal appears to cache pages and switching the user tends to cause it to refresh the cache.
Thanks for the reply. I did not create or configure any users. Even the Portal Primer chapter 5 in the user manual does not specify this.
But cleared the cache in the browser and tried but it did not help.
One thing in the document (Portal Primer chapter, page 43) it says"Simply touch web.xml to have JBoss App Server hot deploy the application on a live running server instance). I do not know whether it is relevant or not , but i cannot use touch command in Windows XP. When i type in help on command prompt in windows XP , i cannot see touch command).
I stopped and started the JBoss portal server, but no luck.
Here is what I did.
1) Clean installation of JBossAS 4.0.4 and Portal 2.4GA.
2) Brought it up for the first time. Browsed to the portal home page.
3) Downloaded the JSP hello world portlet, compiled, deployed hte war file, saw the deployment ack in the console:
13:08:28,737 INFO [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/helloworldjspportlet, warUr
4) Hit refesh on the browser, no hello portlet.
5) Logged in as 'user' (the portal comes configured with two login ids: 'user', 'admin'; the passwords are the same as the login id), still no hello portlet.
6) Logged out, suddenly the hello portlet shows up.
Try those steps.
Thanks for the response. Actually i am using Portal 2.2 version, but i think that should not matter.
I have done the following to atleast overcome the problem. I have modified the helloworld-object.xml file in the parent-ref from default.default to default. Included HelloWorld on a different page. It seems to work. But i not quiet this right thing or not.
I am still playing around and learning. I guess i will be a frequent visitor to this forum in coming days.
But just in-case all the config files have to be hand-coded ? or there is way you can automate them.
The current downloadable for the hello world portlet is based on 2.4 and the configuration files have changed since 2.2. My recommendation is to use 2.4 since you are just now starting out. If you really want to use 2.2, look in the docs to see how to configure the portlet for 2.2. Also, the 2.4 docs have an example of converting a portlet from 2.2 to 2.4, you could infer the reverse direction.