5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2007 3:57 AM by peter.coppens

Where are industrial and nphalanx layout

peter.coppens

Hello,

I am starting with jboss( portal) and downloaded the 2.6 bunddle.

All works just fine.

Now I am trying some initial things to change the layout and while reading through the doc I came across http://docs.jboss.com/jbportal/v2.6/reference-guide/en/html/themeandlayouts.html#d0e4351

To implement this encapsulation there are several ways:

* JSPs that get included from the layout JSP for each region/portlet
      * a taglib that allows to place region, window, and decoration tags into the layout JSP
      * a taglib that uses a pluggable API to delegate the markup generation to a set of classes

In JBoss Portal you can currently see two out of these approaches, namley the first and the last. Examples for the first can be found in the portal-core.war, implemented by the nodesk and phalanx layouts. Examples for the third approach can be found in the same war, implemented by the industrial and Nphalanx layout. What encapsulates the markup generation for each region, window, and portlet decoration in this last approach is what's called the RenderSet.

I can however not seem to find the industrial nor Nphalanx layout.

Are these no longer available or am I overlooking them?

Thanks,

Peter

• 1. Re: Where are industrial and nphalanx layout

I believe we only package the generic layout, and that may be a misprint. NPhalanx and industrial are actually Themes, not layouts.

• 2. Re: Where are industrial and nphalanx layout
            peter.coppens

I am not sure I understood the meaning of the referred part of the doc, but what I am actually looking for is a layout that uses the advised "approach", as in

* a taglib that uses a pluggable API to delegate the markup generation to a set of classes

I found three layouts in the bunddle: nodesk, phalanx and generic, but these all seem to use the first (jsp) approach

Any ideas where I could get such an example,

Thanks,

Peter

• 3. Re: Where are industrial and nphalanx layout

I think the doc may be referring to the renderer class used, not whether its a jsp or not.

• 4. Re: Where are industrial and nphalanx layout
                goks1

Peter, Roy
                I am a newbie to JBoss portal and am myself looking for a API way of creating dynamic layout based on parameters available at runtime. The 2.6 doc mentions and approach
                "a taglib that uses a pluggable API to delegate the markup generation to a set of classes"
                But I could not find any source code examples for the same. Any pointers to this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 5. Re: Where are industrial and nphalanx layout
                  peter.coppens

I gave up on open source portals. Given the time/budget I had available I could not get jboss portal nor Liferay configured so it supported a personal user page that was easy to configure and secure. I am sure the products are both capable of supporting such a setup, I was just unable to extract that information given the time I had.

Sorry I can't be of any more help,

Peter