I can't tell you how cross eyed I am looking at the various CMS and portal solutions to decide on.
So, I was hoping to describe my general requirements, and hope that someone very familiar with JB portal can give me some insight as to how well JB Portal fits...
To start, I am creating a site to stream dance radio shows for various genre's of dance music. I also have plenty of content about each set, and the artist that performed each set. (we have thousands already) Then there will be a perpetual flash player to play these sets. Then the next phase is to integrate a shopping cart to purchase the songs from each set.
* Easy for non-developer staff to add and edit pages for the site.
* Ability for Artists to add set pages.
* SSO Integration with DB Users
* Ability to easily build application with Maven, and deploy on Dev, then PROD servers.
* Ability to use advanced Ajax for services.
* Integrated, search engine, or easy integration for content search.
* Ability to quickly and easily re-skin the overall look
* Can I deploy all portlets and libs in an ear with JB Portal?
* Is the content jsut stored with Jackrabbit? How can I synch content from DEV, QA and PROD for testing?
Are skins part of the build/war or are they part of the content stored in jackrabbit?