2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2007 8:15 PM by jboss.biancashouse.com

Message for Santa Stan Silvert

jboss.biancashouse.com

Dear Santa,

Thanks for giving me JBoss Portal and Seam last year. Great toys.

Uncle Tom told me I was going to get a new version of portal real soon, but what I'd really love is a simple example portlet built with Seam, Facelets and AJAX(4JSF).

I hope you don't think I'm being ungrateful.

Happy Xmas Santa

• 1. Re: Message for Santa Stan Silvert
          ssilvert

Ho Ho Ho

Sorry you didn't get your Christmas wish. Stanta was very busy this holiday season. I'd be very surprised if we don't see some examples like this in 2007.

Happy new year,

Stanta Claus

• 2. Re: Message for Santa Stan Silvert
            jboss.biancashouse.com

Stan,

I'm trying to get the seam portal (booking portlet) example to work with Facelets. I get

12:10:27,323 ERROR [PhaseListenerManager] Exception in PhaseListener RENDER_RESPONSE(6) beforePhase.
            java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not start transaction
            at org.jboss.seam.jsf.AbstractSeamPhaseListener.begin(AbstractSeamPhaseListener.java:286)
            at org.jboss.seam.jsf.TransactionalSeamPortletPhaseListener.handleTransactionsBeforePhase(TransactionalSeamPortletPhaseListener.java:27)

Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Lookup UserTransaction threw IllegalStateException: JNDI properties not initialized, Seam was not started correctly

To date I have not seen an example of Seam working in a portlet with Facelets. If you know of any example that exists, I'd really appreciate seeing its xml hell ;-)

Using Seam should not be this difficult.

Thanks, in anticipation...

Ian
            Sydney