1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 21, 2007 10:28 AM by jon_scott

IPC

datex

JbossAS 4.0.5GA, JBoss Portal 2.4.1GA - bundle, JDK 1.6, Hypersonic database, OS Platform: WinXP Pro

JBoss Reference Guide has an example of InterPortlet Communication (helloworldipcportlet.sar). It works in hot deployment, but Portal server doesn't start after shutdown. I seems this problem was described in the forum:
      http://jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3990790#3990790, I installed the latest version of Portal Server, i.e. JBoss Portal 2.6A to avoid the problem. There is the same result.

Is solution exist? If not, could you suggest working examlpe for two portlets: the navigation portlet and content portlet.
      The idea is following: click on any links in Navigation portlet displays different content in the second portlet.

• 1. Re: IPC
          jon_scott

Have you tried deploying your sar inside an ear to get rid of startup errors?

Another alternative would be to do this in the processAction of the navigator portlet:

session.setAttribute("page_to_view", page, PortletSession.APPLICATION_SCOPE);

and then in doView of the other portlet you can get the attribute and decide what to show.