4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2007 6:50 PM by prabhat.jha

Biweekly builds for Windows?

oberiko

Hello.

Recently I created several JIRA issues on Portal 2.6A2 which I've since learned have already been fixed.

To reduce the chance of this happening again, is it possible to get a bi-weekly snapshot build of Portal for Windows?

• 1. Re: Biweekly builds for Windows?
          oberiko

Oh, I should have clarified that, in my opinion, this should be a bi-weekly bundled build; something primarily for test-drivers.

• 2. Re: Biweekly builds for Windows?
            prabhat.jha

We have a daily build available at http://cruisecontrol.jboss.com/cc/artifacts//jboss-portal-trunk-build.
            Please keep in mind that build is made available only when build is successful so there coculd be missing builds for couple of days.

• 3. Re: Biweekly builds for Windows?
              oberiko

Hello Prabhat.

I looked at that site prior and, apologies if I seem dense, but I was under the impression that *.tar files meant that it was a Linux deployment.

Additionally, on opening the archive, it looks considerably different then what I am accustomed to while working with the bundled packages (which is basically, "select this file to start everything").

If this can work with Windows, then could I request that either a bundled installation be put up (again, bi-weekly or so), or that a set of installation instructions be put / linked to on site where the nightly builds are stored?

• 4. Re: Biweekly builds for Windows?
                prabhat.jha

You should be able to use winzip to open this gzipped tar file on windows.

The nightly build contains the latest source code and all dependent jars. If you want to get a bundled distribution similar to what you get from sourceforge, then you need to do some work but not a lot of work. :-)

Assuming you have jboss installed at C:\jboss-4.0.5.GA then you can do

portal\build> ant -f distrib.xml -Dno-doc=true -Djboss.home=C:\jboss-4.0.5.GA.

Or, if you simply want jboss-portal.sar then you can do

ant -f distrib.xml package-normal -Dno-doc=true

You should find your binaries in build\output. I hope this helps.