4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2007 6:50 PM by jboss.biancashouse.com

Portal-2.6beta1 how to make multiple CMSPortlet instances ?

jboss.biancashouse.com

The new Portal Management GUI requires you to select a portal instance, name it and 'add' it to a region on the page. You also have to select whether the instance is portlet or cms.

I can't figure this UI out.

As far as I can see, the only way to achieve multiple instances of CMS Portlet, each with distinct content, is to use the deployment descriptor approach.

This doesn't seem to work either. Any additional help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

• 1. Re: Portal-2.6beta1 how to make multiple CMSPortlet instance
          jboss.biancashouse.com

Actually, I did manage to get more instances working using the declarative method, but only admin is able to see the intended content, and any other users only see the default page.

This probably means you also have to specify security for the window at deployment time as well.

Looking at the new management GUI, it looks like you cannot specify security on a window - only on a whole page.

• 2. Re: Portal-2.6beta1 how to make multiple CMSPortlet instance
            theute

In the new UI, you don't need to create a new CMS portlet for each resource you want to display, you can select a CMS 'content-type' which is not a JSR-168 portlet but that you can embed into a window.

(By the way, you can still create new instances with the GUI, it didn't change much on this part).

We are still working on improving the management portlet, feedback and help is welcomed.

• 3. Re: Portal-2.6beta1 how to make multiple CMSPortlet instance

the cms content type is here to avoid you to configure multiple cms portlet instances.

normally you just assign one CMS file to a window and JBoss Portal transparently will use one single CMSPortlet instance that will show the content from the CMS.

• 4. Re: Portal-2.6beta1 how to make multiple CMSPortlet instance
                jboss.biancashouse.com

I understand how you create such cms instances. I looked in the default-object.xml in jboss-portal.sar/conf/data.

I created a new page and a 2nd cms instance exactly the same way, but with a different cms html page.

1. 2nd instance won't show intended page unless logged in as user or admin.

2. Logged in as user, I then click a link in the cms content (/portal/content/default/something.html). It takes me back to the default home page.

If I add additional cms instances the old way, should the content links now work as intended (i.e. remain on that page instead of redirecting to the home page) ?

I was hoping to do an important demo on Wednesday this week. CMS is a key feature. If you know of a workaround, or if I am missing a vital step, I'd love to hear about it.