3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2008 4:57 AM by Luca Castelluzzo

logout from my portal instance

Paolo Salvadori Newbie

Hi all,
      I'm an old user of the 2.2 version of the JBoss Portal. I'm studing the new version (2.6) and I found a problem. I created a new portal instance directly from web interface, with the admin tools. Then I created a new role and a new User to access to the new portal instance.
      After this I Signed in in my new portal instance and all was OK. But when I signed out, I was redirected automatically to the default page of the default portal, instead of the current page of my portal instance. I'd like to know if it is a bug of the alpha version or if there is a way to redirect where I want to.
      Thanks, Paolo.

my configuration

Linux Fedora Core 5
      jboss-portal-2.6-bundled

• 1. Re: logout from my portal instance
          Viet Master

I think you should use the url /logout/location=XYZ in order to go to page XYZ after logout

• 2. Re: logout from my portal instance
            Paolo Salvadori Newbie

Hi Julien
            first of all thanks for your quick response. I tried what you said but nothing better. I didn't understand who intercept the signout request. I suppose that there must be a servlet that do it or something similar but I didn't find it in the source code.
            I made an attempt to resolve my problem but I didn't receive any results. I tried to extend the class PageCustomizerInterceptor, the one that insert the logout html code in every logged pages. In my implementation, in the method "injectDashboardNav", I inserted the following code:

SignOutCommand cmd = new SignOutCommand("portal/GFPortal/default");
            URLContext urlContext = controllerCtx.getServerInvocation().getServerContext().getURLContext();
            String logoutURL = controllerCtx.renderURL(cmd, urlContext.asNonAuthenticated(), null);

instead of the original code:
            SignOutCommand cmd = new SignOutCommand();
            URLContext urlContext = controllerCtx.getServerInvocation().getServerContext().getURLContext();
            String logoutURL = controllerCtx.renderURL(cmd, urlContext.asNonAuthenticated(), null);

the string "portal/GFPortal/default" is the page where I want to redirect when I signout.
            But even in this case nothing happens.
            I hope You can help me because it is very urgent for me.
            Thanks in advance,
            Paolo.