3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2008 6:11 AM by draggy draggy

    page create, layout and theme on per user basis

    Dave Chen Master

      I am using JSF on JBoss, and thinking about using Portal. I am new to JBoss portal, and have several questions, please help.

      1. can a normal user(not admin) create a page, add portlets, design layout and apply theme, then persist them? on per user basis?

      2. can page layout/theme be visually designed, for example, add/remove a region, add/remove portlets, moving portlets on the page?

      3. For JSF appliction ear file that has EJB entities and wars, can it migrate to Portlet? I read the portal doc that says all portlets are war files. Where to put the Entity ejb jar file?

      Thanks for help.
      Dave

        • 1. Re: page create, layout and theme on per user basis
          Thomas Heute Master

           

          "javatwo" wrote:

          1. can a normal user(not admin) create a page, add portlets, design layout and apply theme, then persist them? on per user basis?


          In the 2.6 version, users have their dahsboard, it's per user. They can add/remove pages, add/remove portlets.

          "javatwo" wrote:

          2. can page layout/theme be visually designed, for example, add/remove a region, add/remove portlets, moving portlets on the page?


          layout/themes and pages/portlets are not coupled. See the dashboard, it seems to be what you are looking for, you can drag and drop windows from a region to another

          "javatwo" wrote:

          3. For JSF appliction ear file that has EJB entities and wars, can it migrate to Portlet? I read the portal doc that says all portlets are war files. Where to put the Entity ejb jar file?



          It is not different, your ear will contain a web archive (war) that will contain the JSF pages and portlet descriptor.

          You shoul dhave a look at the documentations and play with the portal a bit (installation is really easy, use the bundled version if you want).
          For EJB3 support you will need to use the JEMS installer, but it doesn't include Portal 2.6 yet (with dashboard).

          • 2. Re: page create, layout and theme on per user basis
            Dave Chen Master

            Thanks for quick reply, very helpful.

            In my JSF application, I have a User table that keeps username and password. Do I have to use the User Portlet coming with portal? some different properties are needed in my case.

            I did not use FORM based authentication or any standard ones. My authentication is simple, user input username and password, verify against the User table, and then put User information in the session.

            Can I still use my own way for user registration and authentication for Portal?

            Thanks for help
            Dave

            • 3. Re: page create, layout and theme on per user basis
              draggy draggy Newbie

              Hello people, :D


              May I know is the module or portlet out yet?


              Thank you

              :D