That is a good questioin
I have the same problem
1) Each time I upgrade to a newer version of the portal I have to drop all tables
2) I would like to have no default portal as well.
if you have nothing in the database:
modify jboss-portal.sar/conf/default-object.xml which creates the default portal.
Otherwise use the management portlet to delete the default portal and create a new portal called default.
Good practice is that as long as you can:
- Use the javax.portlet.* classes
- Use the org.jboss.portal.api.* classes
- Use and modify jboss-portal.sar/conf
That's what is planned to stay in the long term.
The schema hasn't changed between 2.6.0 and 2.6.1 you shouldn't have to drop the tables.
Thank you for the response, and also mentioning best practices... If any others or a link to a document that specifies, please pass that along.
The path to default-object.xml is in jboss-portal.sar\conf\data\
NOT in jboss-portal.sar\conf\