Yes, it can. The portal documentation should talk about it. In summary this is what needs to be done:
1. copy portal datasources xml file to server/YOUR_CONFIG/deploy and jdbc driver jar to server/YOUR_CONFIG/lib
2. copy jboss-portal.sar to server/YOUR_CONFIG/deploy
That should do it.
Thanks so much for the advice. I will give it a shot and post back my findings.
Everything works great. If you have an existing server, all you have to do is:
- Download JBoss portal component
- Unzip it and copy the .sar folder to your server's deploy directory
- Finally, under the setup directory that comes with the distribution,
just pick up the Hypersonic deployment descriptor and put it in the
deploy directory. This will be sufficient for a local test server.
And that's it. Just start the server, and point at http:/localhost:8080/portal
Also - The documentation that comes with the portal download is really good. You can check out the .pdf files in the /docs directory for more info on getting started.