I will try to look at this issue next week. Meanwhile I fixed a bug related to permission check - don't know if its related but could you try with the latest JBoss_Portal_Branch_2_6 sources?
Could you fill the jira issue and describe the exact setup to reproduce this?
While I was trying to come up with the shortest possible list of steps to reproduce this, I found out that this has nothing at all to do with ldap. Here is what to do to see the effect:
1) build JBoss_Portal_Branch_2_6, deploy the portal, identity and admin
2) log in as admin
3) create a new role called newadminrole
4) create a new user called newadmin, add him _only_ to the newadminrole (no other roles)
5) give access to the admin portal to newadmin
6) give acess to the adminportlet instance to newadmin
7) log out, log in as newadmin
8) go to the 'page layout' page of the default page
9) verify that no portlet instances are listed
- if you log in as admin, the portlet instances are listed
- if you install cms or google widgets, lists of files appear for those
Now, before I create a jira issue. Is this a bug, or did I simply forget to set some permissions?
Thanks a lot,
I created JBPORTAL-1814, it's unassigned so far.