You mean your username (not firsname, lastname) ? Is your username "Arne LÃ¼dtke" ?
My Username is a company-wide unique number. But, when I edit my Profile, I see my First and my Lastname.
First an Lastname are displayed correctly, but when I send the Form, for example for changing my password, the ü gets destroyed
We are not able to reproduce this behavior in 2.6.2 either with the new and the former portlets. (We changed the profile of a user after including umlauts in the first name and lastname)
So we would need more information on your environment and what you are doing exactly
My environment is a JBoss AS 4.2.1 GA, and I am using JBoss Portal 2.6.2.
What I am doing:
1. Login with my Number and Password (eg. 123456)
2. Click on "Edit your Profile" in User Portlet
3. The Form with all my Profile fields is displayed. My name is correctly displayed with umlauten.
4. Changing something, or nothing, just klicking on "Save". After that the umlaut in my name is "destroyed".
5. Click on "Edit your Profile" again for confirmation.
6. As I expected, my Name is no longer correct.
Thanks so far for your help.
The problem is still existing. I tried everything. I added the URIEncoding="UTF-8" to my Tomcat Connectors, I added the <%@page language="java" extends="org.jboss.portal.core.servlet.jsp.PortalJsp"
contentType="text/html; charset=UTF-8" %> to my dispatched JSP Files, and I added the accept-charset="UTF-8" Attribute to my form-Tags.
To make my Problem clear. I can see the Umlaute on my Page. So the way from JBoss to Webbrowser works fine. But when I send Text-Content with a Form to the JBoss, the Umlaute which are in the Content are destroyed.
Is there anything I haven't tried?
Thanks so far.