1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 30, 2007 4:52 AM by ameo

Modifying default dashboard

j4s0n

Hi,

I'd like to know how, or if it's possible, to set a default dashboard state based on a user's role.

What I need to be able to do is set the theme, layout and default portlets for a user's dashboard depending on their role. I also need to restrict actions that can be performed on specific portlets, again depending on the users role. For each role there will be a set of default portlets that cannot be removed from the page, as well as a set of portlets that can be optionally added and removed.

I expected to be able to be able to achieve this using a descriptor file (-object.xml) to define the properties and layout in the same way as you would for a portal deployment descriptor, however I have not been able to find any examples.

I have already searched the forums and documentation, however if anyone could point me towards something I've missed, or another working example, then that would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jason.

• 1. Re: Modifying default dashboard
          ameo

hi,

You can configure a default dashboard by editing the default-object.xml file (to find under portal.sar\conf\data\). There you edit the template portal. To give access to special portlets you can add securitiy contraints.

greetings,
          ameo