2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2009 10:09 AM by je.a.le

Tracking CMS User Activity

lhshin

Hi,

Would like to know can we track user activity for CMS portlet? Meaning everytime user visit a page in cms portlet, it will log as a hit for that page so i can have a page statistics for the most popular or the most hits page in CMS.

I would like to ask in "Manage Portal > Properties" what is the usage for "Choose the id of the PortalEventListener to bind to this context" ? where i can select window_event_listener, test_listener, counter_listener, user_listener........

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Tracking CMS User Activity
          lhshin

Using Jboss Portal 2.6.3-GA

• 2. Re: Tracking CMS User Activity
            je.a.le

a simple solution would be to add some javascript code in your portlet / jsp to some external log tool, like google analytics.
            If you really want to do your own stat, you should look at listener.

you don't select listener. You instance them. Look at jboss portal api (somewhere page 104). You create new listener - then deploy them as sar project - in order to get some informations about users logging etc... It's like javascript's mouseListener, you add one when you need to track mouse events.