2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2008 2:31 PM by bvogt

portalNode from portlet or layout ?????

je.a.le

jboosportal api look great except i don't see how to use it outside...jbossportal core. So right now : pointless.

A simple exemple : How to acces the portal page tree !?? (and thanks, not by editing jboss-service.xml or tabs.jsp)

I have nothing against building some new mbean but a little help/doc/tutorial would be nice :-)

THKS

• 1. Re: portalNode from portlet or layout ?????
          theute

Read the reference guide, check source code of the navigation portlet... There is everything you need

• 2. Re: portalNode from portlet or layout ?????
            bvogt

Yes, I can confirm what Thomas said.

In portal 2.4 we started that way by creating a portlet providing different views of the navigation tree (primary and secondary navigation, different types of overviews and a sitemap).

In portal 2.6 we switched to a custom pageCustomizer to get/enhance (with custom data like a description for an entry) and render the navigation information.

Generalizing that topic has lead us to the ability of dynamically inserting navigation entries from external application (xml schema based) into a predefined entry point within the navigation.

That means, the current api is flexible enough to fit your needs and, if not, you can extend it in your own application