3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2008 12:32 PM by cavani

Vertical Menu - Links - CMS menu

gundakiran

hi : I m newbie to Jboss portal. I am using jboss portal 2.6.x.I have some static html files and I uploaded them to CMS using CMS portlet.

I created a portal page with 2 column layout.

(1) Now I want to create a 'vertical menu' in my first column. Is there any simple of way doing this? One (may be a crude )way is to create a portlet and have only one page in this portlet that has links and include this portlet in the first column.

(2) Now on-click of these links I need to show the static html pages (that I uploaded to CMS) in the second column. Can you give some idea on how to achieve this?

I googled the forum but couldn't get something like this. Appreciate your help.

thanks
      Kiran

• 1. Re: Vertical Menu - Links - CMS menu
          cavani

I did someting similar but with 3 contents (or more).

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=138069

With 2 pages where you will change just one, you can use links like:

/portal/MyPortal/default/Content?action=2&uri=/ItemN/index.html

'default' is a page and 'Content' is a CMSWindowPortlet.

Thanks,

• 2. Re: Vertical Menu - Links - CMS menu
            gundakiran

Thank you for your answer. From the URL, how do we specify the page needs to be opened in the second window ?

Window 1 (Portlet -1) : It has various links. On click of a link href, I want to open the page in Window 2.

/portal/MyPortal/default/Content?action=2&uri=/ItemN/index.html

Is there any way to specify 'target' window the above link should be opened ?

Thanks for your time.

Kiran

• 3. Re: Vertical Menu - Links - CMS menu
              cavani

Hi,

'Content' is the name of the second window that will open the content.

In this case it must be a CMSPortletWindow instance created with a blank page.

This portlet reads 'uri' parameter and load it from CMS repo.

The browser url address will be changed to the link address.

(it is possible to use IPC to change CMSPortletWindow content without changing the browser url)

Thanks,