1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 5, 2008 2:29 PM by danielk

UTF8 in login page

danielk

If i am using umlauts as login name or in my password, FormAuthentication fails because of wrong input. I have just tried to set encoding for my form:

<form action="j_security_check" method="post" enctype="UTF-8">

Not working anyway. I tried to login with name "testü" but all i can see in server.log was:
      [org.jboss.portal.identity.ldap.LDAPExtUserModuleImpl] No user found with name: testÃÂ

Like you can see i am using LDAPModule and FORM authentication. I have googled to set right encoding type for FORM authentication but all i have found was this:
      http://saloon.javaranch.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=018703

Description that you could set encoding type for tomcat:
      <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator" characterEncoding="UTF-8"/>

does not work (or i do not know how), because all i have found in JBoss was (jboss-service.xml):
      <java:property>
       <java:key>FORM</java:key>
       <java:value>org.apache.catalina.authenticator.FormAuthenticator</java:value>
      </java:property>

I see no possibility to set encoding type there? Please help me, how can i use special characters like "ü" (german umlauts like "ue" are not really possible in this forum ?) in my login credentials?

• 1. Re: UTF8 in login page
          danielk

Sorry for pushing this post, but i can not imagine that nobody else has the problem with UTF-8 characters as login name or password ?

Or am i doing something wrong (configuration of LDAPModule, JBoss AS configuration, Portlet configuration etc.)?