1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 23, 2008 5:05 AM by gorefest

Strange effect using JBoss Portal HA 2.6 in a Jboss Cluster

gorefest

Portal Version : 2.6.6 GA (HA)
      JBoss Version : 4.2.3 GA / ALL-Config
      Operating System : openSuse Linux 11
      Java Version : JDK-1.6

Hi,

I am facing an effect using Jboss Portal in a cluster. I am using JBoss AS 4.2.3 and JBoss Portal 2.6 (HA).
      I put the JBoss Servers onto fixed addresses (e.g. 192.168.1.21, 192.168.1.22) and they are clustering well. I have a loadbalancer Apache located before my servers - this works well, too.
      Also, I set the jvmroute and jk stuff in Jboss config. So I deploy the Portal-SAR directory onto my servers. Deployment worked well, so I call http://mywbsrv/portal and the portal entry page opens completely (therefore my uriworkermap has been set to /portal*=loadbalancer - also, i enabled sticky sessions).

But when I click only one link inside my portal, I get a blank page and the jboss log tells me there is no jvm route defined in tomcat.xml.

This problem happens in generel even if I switch off the cluster and work on one node. Does the problem happen because of the IP bind?
      If I do not specify a bind address, my apache is not able to connect via Jk any more (because jboss strictly connects to 127.0.0.1).

What can I do to prevent this error? I configured the node name in apache conf and in jboss config correctly; e.g. the jmx-console works well (on both cluster members).

Any idea?

• 1. Re: Strange effect using JBoss Portal HA 2.6 in a Jboss Clus
          gorefest

I removed the clustering (no nodename, useJk=false) and my portal works fine.

Is there anything more to regard more than setting a matching node name, set useJk=true and setting a bind address?

Do I have to do the reconfiguration steps shown in the docs when I am using Jboss Portal HA? Or do I have to use standard portal if I want to use loadbalancing?

Thanks in advance