3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2008 4:51 AM by Robin Kwek

Can't get JBoss Portal Source Code to deploy

Robin Kwek Newbie

Dear all,

I've followed the reference guide and JBoss wiki page: http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-12518 but run into issues. My intention is to develop portlets and customizing the portal using eclipse.

From the wiki page, I managed to build the source code from JBoss repository. I refer to the reference guide (section 2.3.3) to deploy from source, ran build.bat deploy command and got the error: "-Xmx512M==x was unexpected at this time."

I've managed to setup and run JBoss AS 5 on eclipse, my question is how do I get the built source code to run on AS 5 under eclipse instead of going through the command prompt?

Thanks in advance~

• 1. Re: Can't get JBoss Portal Source Code to deploy
          Thomas Heute Master

JBoss Portal 2.7 will only run on 4.2.3 (not 5.0).

• 2. Re: Can't get JBoss Portal Source Code to deploy
            Peter Johnson Master

You do not have to build Portal, nor JBoss AS, in Eclipse in order to use Eclipse to develop portlets. What I did was create a simple web application project and added the jboss-portal.sar/lib/portal-portlet-lib.jar file to the libraries in my project's build path.

• 3. Re: Can't get JBoss Portal Source Code to deploy
              Robin Kwek Newbie

Yep! I'm pretty confused about how to get started, the reference guide has a lot of good information but there isn't much directions given on how to get started in portal development. Maybe I'm asking too much ><

I only have some hands-on with weblogic/jsf/icefaces, really want to give jboss portal/richfaces a try. Ok, so what I need to do is get JBoss AS 4.2.3 started under eclipse, create a new web application project, added the portal-portlet-lib.jar and deploy the project?

I saw JBoss has a webtools package for eclipse, will it be helpful to me in terms of developing portlets/customizing portal?

One of the first few things I want to do is to use Google Web Toolkit(GWT) and a few Google api such as the search api to create portlets for the portal, does anyone has experience in this and do let me know if there's any potential issue/s, I'm quite concerned with inter-portlet communication between GWT portlet and existing portlets.