1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 14, 2009 3:00 AM by theute

Portlet Instance ID error

LS,

I am running Portal 2.7.0GA and defining new portlets/pages for the portal.

Created a new Portlet Instance of the RSS News portlet, named NU news.

Now when accessing the "Portlet Instances" tab of the "admin portal" I get the error :

ERROR
      Cause: javax.portlet.PortletException: Error process faces request
      StackTrace:

javax.portlet.PortletException: Error process faces request
      at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.doFacesDispatch(GenericFacesPortlet.java:346)
      at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.doView(GenericFacesPortlet.java:306)
      at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.doDispatch(GenericPortlet.java:328)
      at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.doDispatch(GenericFacesPortlet.java:287)
      at javax.portlet.GenericPortlet.render(GenericPortlet.java:233)

Using a fresh/new portal installation I managed to find that this is caused by the space in the name that I used when creating the portlet instance. When using no spaces in the portlet I can configure with no problems.

But now I have a partly configured portal which I cannot administer due to the error and I would like to prevent that I have to start all over again.

I expected that the configuration I did using the admin interface would be visible in the jboss configuration files but I was not able to find any of my specific configurations in there.

Questions :

- Should it be possible to use spaces in Portlet Instance ID's ?
      - Where is the configuration saved that I do using the admin interface ?
      - Could I manually change that configuration to remove the space from the name ?

Kind regards,

Herman