Ok, let's not everyone talk at once!
I've kept the folder structure for the build output as is (eclipse/ant). I'll take a stab at the intent:
... is to keep the "stuff for debugging in the IDE" in the eclipse folders, and the "real" build output in the ant folders.
That being the case, there are problems with running the admin-console project's integration tests from within eclipse, and it helps to keep them in mind when running in eclipse: The tool we used to automate the testing, htmlunit, uses a set of jar files that contains almost-duplicates of files from thirdparty we use in building the console.
So, the .classpath file we use was hand-crafted to place jar files from the htmlunit distribution before the corresponding jar files from thirdparty. So, if you plan to really build the console from eclipse, you should eliminate all references to the jarfiles from the directory named output/eclipse/webtest-classes (you can put them back to run the integration tests, if required, or keep two .classpath files.
Although I haven't seen any problems debugging yet, they may well occur if main classes load the wrong version of a thirdparty class. I realize the correct fix is probably to request thirdparty move up to the later jarfile version, but since this is only required for integration testware, the fix is lower priority than finishing the testing (IMHO, dissenting opinions grudgingly accepted).
Finally, if you want to build the integration tests within eclipse, open the ant view of build.xml and run the target compile-webtest. (If you don't have junit.jar in ant's classpath, you'll need to place it there in order for ant to be able to build junit tasks).
There, I think remembered everything. ;)
Bob Walker (walkerrl49)