Some day, we'll have to do it - migrate to portal 2.2
So here's what I've been able to think we must do (in the beginning ;) ) to make it work:
1. Rewrite all portal .xml descriptors to use the new format
2. Get rid of the hack that made navigation work and use IPC (if it works :) )
3. Check user logging - has it changed?
Anything else that I missed? Also, what new features of portal can we use (user customization?)?
Make such big changes to all our "subprojects" make it also possible to easily modify the strucutre of our code a little. Maybe it's a good idea to merge some "subprojects" into bigger ones, and not have a one-project-per-portlet division. For this, we would need a logical division of parts of which Labs consist.
The first two are obvious:
- shotoku ;).
Others could be:
- project-specific portlets (downloads, polls, project information)
- labs-specific portlets (contributors, main blog, podcast, kosmos, ads; I don't count feeds here as they will go to shotoku)
- project tracking portlets
What do you think?
In respect of 1) afaik portal team is working on some tools to change old descriptors to new ones... let's just wait ;-)