You are using different versions on the client and server
I knew that'd be the first answer I got. That's why I spent an hour last night making sure that I had a fresh install of the server and that the jboss-messaging-client.jar came from the same zip file I installed the messaging into JBoss with. All I have in my clients classpath is the jboss-messaging-client.jar and log4j.jar
Ok, just to be sure, here are the steps I have followed:
1) Installed JBoss 4.0.4.GA-Patch1 using the installer jar
2) Unzipped jboss-messaging-1.0.1.CR3.zip and run the release-admin.xml ant script.
3) Copied the jboss-messaging-client.jar into my standalone client's lib directory (all that is in there beyond that is log4j.xml)
4) Set the classpath of my client to use only what is in the lib directory mentioned in step 3.
5) Started my JBoss server (the destinations deploy)
6) Run my client.
I still get the same errors. I've tried this 4 times now, adjusting libraries here and there, and I'm still having no luck. Is it possible that the jboss-messaging-client.jar that comes with jboss-messaging-1.0.1.CR3.zip is incompatible?
Are you still having this problem?
No, i finally got it. You were right, it was an old jar hidden in the JBOSS/server/default/lib that somehow was taking precedence. I deleted it and it seems to be working.
Oh, and thanks for the patience on that one ;)
No problem. Glad you resolved it :)