3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2007 11:29 AM by nkhadakk

jbossall-client.jar contains javax.sql.* causing class cast

nkhadakk

We are using jboss 4.2.1/Jboss messaging 1.3.0 , jetty and postgresql (8.x) on java 1.6. I have added all specified (from messaging documentation) dependencies. Everything on the Messaging side works fine. But unrelated code which uses PostgreSql based DB queries starts failing with a class cast exception(something about the driver not implementing javax.sql....).
      Turns out Jbossall-client.jar contains not only javax.jms.* but also javax.sql.*

Is there a jbossjms-client.jar which only contains the jms packages ? OR am i stuck having to slice jbossall-client.jar manually ?

• 1. Re: jbossall-client.jar contains javax.sql.* causing class c
          nkhadakk

I found a discussion in jira for issue : 804 regarding slimming down of the jbossall-client.jar. I see that it is 'closed' for 1.3.GA. Is there a separate stand alone messaging client jar now available ?

• 2. Re: jbossall-client.jar contains javax.sql.* causing class c
            timfox

There's no requirement to use jbossall-client.jar - it's just for convenience.

Instead you can just use the individual jars from the client directory of the JBoss AS distribution.

• 3. Re: jbossall-client.jar contains javax.sql.* causing class c
              nkhadakk

I did look into the Jboss AS /client/ dir. Unfortunately for me all the j2ee packages are embedded into one jar (jboss-j2ee.jar). I ended up manually removing the javax.sql package out of the jbossall-client .jar.
              This leads me to the next question.... are all jboss artifacts (client facing at least) mavenized ? i.e. are they published to an external repo by the jboss team? Trying to figure out dependencies of Jboss Messaging 1.3 GA is based solely on the small section in the documentation regarding using jboss messaging from a remote client. This section suggests using jbossall-client.jar which contains upto 5 different artifacts that are high level artifacts(J2ee, remoting, jnp etc) in themselves. This makes the job of getting granular with exact versions of deps very difficult.