2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2007 8:35 AM by alfred.rsa

JBM 1.4.0GA freezes when reading queue

Hi guys

I am using JBM 1.4.0GA on JBoss AS 4.2.1GA. I have Siebel clients connecting to one of the default queues (A) remotely. They are able to send data to the queue, but when they try to read it they don't get any messages and on my side I get the following exception:

10:30:56,051 WARN [BisocketClientInvoker] Unable to send ping: shutting down PingTimerTask
      java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
      at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite0(Native Method)
      at java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)
      at java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:115)
      at org.jboss.remoting.transport.bisocket.BisocketClientInvoker$PingTimerTask.run(BisocketClientInvoker.java:512)
      at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
      at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)
      10:31:20,424 WARN [SimpleConnectionManager] ConnectionManager[149494e] cannot look up remoting session ID a5i8o-szggtk-f7x0akbg-1-f7x0aktp-4
      10:31:20,424 WARN [SimpleConnectionManager] A problem has been detected with the connection to remote client a5i8o-szggtk-f7x0akbg-1-f7x0aktp-4, jmsClientID=null. It is possible the client has exited
      without closing its connection(s) or there is a network problem. All connection resources corresponding to that client process will now be removed.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Regards
      Alfred

• 1. Re: JBM 1.4.0GA freezes when reading queue
          timfox

I have seen something similar when the patched remoting 2.2.2.SP1 jar is not used on the client side.

Are you sure you have
          a) Dropped the jar into the server/<your config name>/lib directory on the server?
          b) Added the jar as the first entry on your client classpath?

• 2. Re: JBM 1.4.0GA freezes when reading queue

Hi Tim

I did distribute the patched jar to the client and it is first in the classpath.
            BUT in a late-night cut-and-paste accident I copied the jar to the default instance and not the messaging instance. After doing that the problem was solved.

Thanks for your help

Alfred