1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 26, 2007 3:52 AM by timfox

Exception during JBoss 4.2.2 shutdown using JBoss Messaging

sysuser1

Hail to the JBoss Messaging gurus (Tim, et al.) - I installed JBM 1.4GA as outlined in the manual on a clean JBoss 4.2.2AS installation, and I am getting the following exception:

17:30:21,541 ERROR [ExceptionUtil] org.jboss.jms.server.connectionfactory.Connec
      tionFactory@10a30b6c startService
      java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot find replicant to remove: CF_jboss.messa
      ging.connectionfactory:service=ConnectionFactory
      at org.jboss.jms.server.connectionfactory.ConnectionFactoryJNDIMapper.un
      registerConnectionFactory(ConnectionFactoryJNDIMapper.java:264)
      at org.jboss.jms.server.connectionfactory.ConnectionFactory.stopService(
      ConnectionFactory.java:187)

(I've abbreviated the stacktrace for clarity - if you need the whole thing, let me know).

Does this mean anything and is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening?

Another thing - the automatic installation of JBM1.4GA when run with 'ant -f release-admin.xml' based on a 'default' configuration, will not add the "jgroups.jar" in the JBOSS_CONFIG/lib directory. I had to do that manually (not an issue if you are basing the auto-install from an "all" configuration, which includes jgroups.jar). I think this ought to be reflected in the installation manual.

• 1. Re: Exception during JBoss 4.2.2 shutdown using JBoss Messag
          timfox

"balkanboy" wrote:
          Hail to the JBoss Messaging gurus (Tim, et al.) - I installed JBM 1.4GA as outlined in the manual on a clean JBoss 4.2.2AS installation, and I am getting the following exception:

17:30:21,541 ERROR [ExceptionUtil] org.jboss.jms.server.connectionfactory.Connec
          tionFactory@10a30b6c startService
          java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot find replicant to remove: CF_jboss.messa
          ging.connectionfactory:service=ConnectionFactory
          at org.jboss.jms.server.connectionfactory.ConnectionFactoryJNDIMapper.un
          registerConnectionFactory(ConnectionFactoryJNDIMapper.java:264)
          at org.jboss.jms.server.connectionfactory.ConnectionFactory.stopService(
          ConnectionFactory.java:187)

(I've abbreviated the stacktrace for clarity - if you need the whole thing, let me know).

Does this mean anything and is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening?

This is a known issue. I believe it is harmless though.

Another thing - the automatic installation of JBM1.4GA when run with 'ant -f release-admin.xml' based on a 'default' configuration, will not add the "jgroups.jar" in the JBOSS_CONFIG/lib directory. I had to do that manually (not an issue if you are basing the auto-install from an "all" configuration, which includes jgroups.jar). I think this ought to be reflected in the installation manual.

If you are running release-admin.xml based on default that means you are running non clustered so you don't need jgroups.jar. (default is a non clustered profile).

If you want a clustered profile you should base it on all, in which jgroups.jar is present and will be copied for you.