3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2007 9:35 AM by jay.howell

Subscription management

malammik

I have only been looking into this for several hours and I dont expect a detailed answer. Few sentences to point me in the right direction are much appreciated. I already have downloaded sources for JBM and JGroups.

Given that topic names are hierarchial, how does JBM store information about durable subsribers?

Are there any known limitations to maximum number of unique subscriptions?

• 1. Re: Subscription management
          jay.howell

All Subscriptions are stored just like other queues, in the JBM_PostOffice table. So if you have a topic with 5 durable subscribers, then you will have 5 queues that are stored in the JBM post office table. The name of the queue will be the client id. For instance, I set my client id as Jay for one of my durable subscriptions. The queue created for that subscription is Jay.SubscriptionName . When a message is sent to the topic, the message is then put into each one of the subscription queues.

Hope this helps.
          Jay:)

• 2. Re: Subscription management
            malammik

If I were to create two subscriptions then

Sports/Baskteball and Sports/*

JBM is not going to do anything different if I were to create subscriptions

Foo/bar and Foo/blah

?

• 3. Re: Subscription management
              jay.howell

Currently we don't implement Topic Hierarchies. We have slated that for a task in JBM 2.0.
              http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-523

So the answer to your question is yes.

There is no release date yet that I know of, for JBM 2.0, but I'm guessing that it will come out between the 1st and 2nd quarter of next year.
              Jay:)