8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2008 10:03 AM by peterj

integrate JSF with JMS ?

It is not sucessful to try to receive JMS message with JSF back bean. If MDB is used to received message, no way to directly access JSF backing beans from a MDB. If i try to receive message directly from back bean, Jboss have errors like:

2008-09-09 15:48:03,449 DEBUG [org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.ServerSocketManagerHandler] Exiting on IOE
      java.net.SocketException: socket closed
      at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
      at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:129)
      at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
      at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:235)
      at org.jboss.util.stream.NotifyingBufferedInputStream.read(NotifyingBufferedInputStream.java:79)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream$PeekInputStream.peek(ObjectInputStream.java:2196)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readBlockHeader(ObjectInputStream.java:2376)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.refill(ObjectInputStream.java:2443)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.read(ObjectInputStream.java:2515)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream$BlockDataInputStream.readByte(ObjectInputStream.java:2664)
      at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readByte(ObjectInputStream.java:875)
      at org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.SocketManager$ReadTask.run(SocketManager.java:340)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
      2008-09-09 15:48:03,450 DEBUG [org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.SocketManager] End ReadTask.run Thread[UIL2.SocketManager.ReadTask#3 client=127.0.0.1:64087,5,JBossMQ Server Threads]
      2008-09-09 15:48:03,451 DEBUG [org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.SocketManager] End WriteTask.run Thread[UIL2.SocketManager.WriteTask#6 client=127.0.0.1:8093,5,JBossMQ Client Threads]
      2008-09-09 15:48:03,451 DEBUG [org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.SocketManager] End WriteTask.run Thread[UIL2.SocketManager.WriteTask#4 client=127.0.0.1:64087,5,JBossMQ Server Threads]
      2008-09-09 15:48:03,451 DEBUG [org.jboss.mq.il.uil2.UILClientILService] Stopping

Anyone know how to call MDB from EJB (stateless session bean)?

Thanks,

Quinten

• 1. Re: integrate JSF with JMS ?
          noelo

Anyone know how to call MDB from EJB (stateless session bean)?

I don't think that you can call an MDB from a SLSB. You can do the opposite i.e. call a SLSB from an MDB.

• 2. Re: integrate JSF with JMS ?

well theorically you could send a JMS message from the Session Bean and so inoking an MDB but it's not a good design choice in my opinion since MDB do not add value to the business logic contained in the Session bean because simply they don't return anything, they use a "Fire and Forget Pattern".

It's quite common the opposite, where an MDB is fired for example to book a flight seat and inside the OnMessage a SLSB is invoked to perform the business logic which is synchronous.

regards

• 3. Re: integrate JSF with JMS ?

Thanks, I just want to dispaly message in the view(JSF pages) when MDB received message ( onMessage ), it is no way to deliver this message from MDB to jsf back bean, then go to viewer. I try to implement this onMesage on the JSF back bean directly, but have error (close socket) with no success.

• 4. Re: integrate JSF with JMS ?
                peterj

The only thing I can think of is to have the MDB place the message in a third location (database? mbean? seam conversation?) and have the JSF bean pick it up from there.

• 5. Re: integrate JSF with JMS ?

Think, the easy way is to save message into database from MDB, the get message from back bean, but it is slow.

By the way, may I know how to do cofiguration, to allow remote JMS client to run on diffrent machine, I just change java.naming.provider.url=localhost into Jboss Server IP, but get error:

javax.naming.CommunicationException: Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: 10.0.2.35 and discovery failed with error: javax.naming.CommunicationException: Receive timed out [Root exception is java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Receive timed out] [Root exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: Failed to connect to server 10.0.2.35:1099 [Root exception is javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: Failed to connect to server 10.0.2.35:1099 [Root exception is java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect]]]

• 6. Re: integrate JSF with JMS ?
                    peterj

Could not obtain connection to any of these urls: 10.0.2.35

Which version of the JBoss Application Server are you using? If 4.2.x, did you read the readme.html file - first item under JBossAS 4.2.0 in the Configuration Issues section. Or see http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/JBoss42FAQ

• 7. Re: integrate JSF with JMS ?

Thanks,

run jboos:

run -b 0.0.0.0 is for remotely connection. But when I try to run jboss as window service. i try to change line in the wrapper.conf
                      wrapper.java.additional.1=-Dprogram.name=run.bat

into

wrapper.java.additional.1=-Dprogram.name=run.bat -b 0.0.0.0

Jboss server can not start.

Or
                      wrapper.java.additional.1=-Dprogram.name=run1.bat

and run1.bat like:
                      run.bat -b 0.0.0.0

Jboss can start running but with no remotely. Someone can help me with these?

Thanks

• 8. Re: integrate JSF with JMS ?
                        peterj

Looks like you are using the Tanuki Java Service Wrapper to run JBossAS as a service. The correct configuration file changes are:

wrapper.app.parameter.1=org.jboss.Main
                        wrapper.app.parameter.2=-b
                        wrapper.app.parameter.3=0.0.0.0

You will have the first line already, the other two are additional. Note that each line allows only a single token and that the options are provided for the app (and not Java, as what you did).