12 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2008 7:42 PM by jerry.zhao

Can't consume message.when message delivered

jerry.zhao

problem: Server will running 2-3 days as well. but after 2-3 days, will have problem. consumer is not consuming, message id delivered, I access http://localhost:8080/jmx-console, see my queue, find the allMessageSize will increase , then delivered a message, will display a warn:[org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker] numberOfRetries is no longer used.
      jboss version : JBOSS-4.2.2 GA

• 1. Re: Can't consume message.when message delivered
          jerry.zhao

this problem have some days, but now, i still can't save it. no one can fix it???????

• 2. Re: Can't consume message.when message delivered
            ataylor

Are there any errors or warnings in the server logs, I'm typically thinking of something to do with a clients connection failing.

• 3. Re: Can't consume message.when message delivered
              timfox

"jerry.zhao" wrote:
              problem: Server will running 2-3 days as well. but after 2-3 days, will have problem. consumer is not consuming, message id delivered, I access http://localhost:8080/jmx-console, see my queue, find the allMessageSize will increase , then delivered a message, will display a warn:[org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker] numberOfRetries is no longer used.
              jboss version : JBOSS-4.2.2 GA

You only get that log message if you are using JBoss Remoting 2.4.0 or later.

(BTW You also didn't say which version of JBM you are using.).

This just tells me you didn't follow the install instructions properly which explain in detail which versions of remoting etc you must install.

• 4. Re: Can't consume message.when message delivered
                jerry.zhao

I can't find any error log, only a warn:[org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.MicroSocketClientInvoker] numberOfRetries is no longer used.

i open the javax.jms log, can't find any error still..

• 5. Re: Can't consume message.when message delivered
                  jerry.zhao

I add more information: we are 2 teams do jms, one team use jboss's mbean send & receive message, our team use spring jms to send & receive msg. use jboss's mbean team have no problem, but our team will have the problem. so i change ,use jboss mqManager to send & receive msg, mqManager bean i put it to spring control. so the mqManager bean ' left cycle is controled by spring. but still have the problem. there are only different from mqManager control. one is control by jboss's MBean, one is controled by spring.

• 6. Re: Can't consume message.when message delivered
                    jerry.zhao

JBoss Remoting use 2.4.0 version

• 7. Re: Can't consume message.when message delivered
                      timfox

Like I said, remoting 2.4.0 is NOT the correct version to use.

Please read the user guide, installation section and follow it exactly. It specifies the exact version of remoting, aop etc that must be used.

If you use any other versions then we make no guarantees that anything will or will not work.

• 8. Re: Can't consume message.when message delivered
                        jerry.zhao

jboss remoting 2.4.0 is not the correct version to use?? which version is correct version????

• 9. Re: Can't consume message.when message delivered
                          jerry.zhao

thanks timfox, get me importment information. i view you home page http://jbossfox.blogspot.com,

• 10. Re: Can't consume message.when message delivered
                            timfox

"jerry.zhao" wrote:
                            jboss remoting 2.4.0 is not the correct version to use?? which version is correct version????

Deep breath. Ok, I'll say it for the third time.

The installation section of the user guide explains in detail how to install JBM into JBoss AS and which versions of remoting etc to use.

You MUST use the correct versions and follow the instructions exactly, or nothing is guaranteed to work.

That's assuming you're using JBoss AS community version.

If you're using EAP it's already pre-installed and you don't need to do anything. But in that case you have a support contract and should be using that, not the forums.

Is that clear now?

• 11. Re: Can't consume message.when message delivered
                              jerry.zhao

thanks of timfox, i have bean fixed it.you are right, i use a incorrect version. jboss-remoting.jar 2.40, it is not fit deplay. so i change back to 2.20 verion, atfer i change back , all is ok, thanks once

• 12. Re: Can't consume message.when message delivered
                                jerry.zhao

this problem, cast me a lot of time, lucky,i fixed at end. but if I follow timfox,i think don't cost so much time, I into a bad corn, find what cause the problem, cost a lot of time to guess use spring , guess is I configuration incorrect ,and a lot of work for listener ,use MqManager replace of spring jms, let MqManager into serverlet and others, all word don't fix the problem, so when i change back the jar file, all is ok. i thanks lots of good intention people get me help,i feel jboss.com is a very good place for search help, and i will come here often.