2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2009 12:14 PM by timfox

JBM / JMS / EAI / c++ / wire-protocol

Hi,

i write my diploma thesis about Enterprise Application Integration and I am a little bit confused, may be you can help me:

I have a JBoss AS-5, running with JBM 1.x and 2 Queues. My task is to connect from an old c++ application to my queues as a consument. At the moment the c++ application is connected to Tibco EMS via Tibco EMS c-client API.
      The Tibco c-api documentation writes, that the API is 100% JMS compatible...
      So, is it possible to connect from this API to JBM ??

As far, as I understand the JMS API, JMS is ONLY a API and every vendor can implement it different, for example with differen transport protocols. So you have different broker and - if you want to connect to broker X you have to use the client api of broker X. Is this correct ?

So if this is the case, I have to use JBM c-API which will be available with JBM 2.x ? Or is it possible to use for example ActiveMQ c-client API ?

And - what about AMQP ? Would this be a better way to use ? Isn't it the main reason for this api/protocol to connect with different vendors ?

What about STOMP and OpenWire protocol ? Does JBM support this and how ?

What is the default wire-protocol of JBM ? Is is correct, that if you use different JMS vendors on client and server side, which both use the same wire-protocol , that they will connect well ?

Many, many, many thanks !!!

• 1. Re: JBM / JMS / EAI / c++ / wire-protocol
          gaohoward

I can only answer your JBM related question.

JBM 1.x doesn't provide a C style api lib.
          JBM 1.x uses jboss-remoting as its underlying transport. JMS doesn't specify the wire-protocol in the spec, so every JMS vender has its own choice of their wire-protocol.

So if you want to access JBM from c/c++, i think you need use JNI to wrap the JBM java client.

• 2. Re: JBM / JMS / EAI / c++ / wire-protocol
            timfox

"gaohoward" wrote:

So if you want to access JBM from c/c++, i think you need use JNI to wrap the JBM java client.

No, you can use any stomp client with JBM 1.x with StompConnect.

Stomp clients are available in many languages including C++