2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2009 11:36 AM by Tim Fox

jBoss 4.2.3GA and Websphere MQ 7.0

Sheeraz Junejo Newbie

Hi,

I think this is the closest forum to post my message on.

Currently, I am configuring jBoss 4.2.3GA with IBM Websphere MQ Server 7.0. I am using following link to setup the configurations;

http://www.jboss.org/community/wiki/UsingWebSphereMQSeriesWithJBossASPart4#Overview

I followed the instructions step by step with no exception at all during startup. Also I deployed my web application successfully but when I tried to USE it I am having following error message on screen as well as on jBoss console;

Error Message

11:59:46,985 INFO [STDOUT] 2009-11-02 11:59:46,985 [http-0.0.0.0-8080-1] ERROR com.temenos.t24browser.comms.JMSConnector - Destination is not an instance of SpyDestination queue://T24QM/t24OFSQueue

Where T24QM is my Queue Manager and t24OFSQueue is local queue

What could be the reason for this error message?

Please help;

Thanks
      --
      SJunejo

• 1. Re: jBoss 4.2.3GA and Websphere MQ 7.0
          Sheeraz Junejo Newbie

I found the problem and resolved it. Actually I was looking for 'JNDI' name in incorect format.

I was using following in my jboss-web.xml (in web application) and jboss.xml (in mdb);

Incorrect Reference

<resource-ref>
           <res-ref-name>jms/jmsConnectionFactory</res-ref-name>
           <res-type>javax.jms.ConnectionFactory</res-type>
           <jndi-name>wmq/myFC</jndi-name>
          </resource-ref>

Where 'wmq/myFC' is connection factory I defined to use MQ Server adaptor. I edited the above part in both (In Web application and MDB) jboss-web.xml and jboss.xml a follows and it worked;

Correct Reference

<resource-ref>
           <res-ref-name>jms/jmsConnectionFactory</res-ref-name>
           <res-type>javax.jms.ConnectionFactory</res-type>
           <jndi-name>java:wmq/myFC</jndi-name>
          </resource-ref>

Hope this will help someone in the future.

--
          SJunejo

• 2. Re: jBoss 4.2.3GA and Websphere MQ 7.0
            Tim Fox Master

This forum is about JBoss Messaging. The correct place to ask questions about other JMS providers is in the JCA user forum.