2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2008 11:03 PM by cpsaop

Executable file created by install4j can not be run

cpsaop

Hi,
      I have successfully used JBOSS AOP to do some standalone works, now I
      Encountered a critical issue, install4j can't wrapper jboss aop java applications(both precompiled mode and load time mode).

When I use LOAD TIME mode, the parameter -javaagent:lib\jboss-aop.jar can not be identified by the install4j launcher;

when I use precompiled jar file(by aopc), there will be following errors:
      java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/jboss/aop/GeneratedClassAdvisor, method: fullWorkFinalizeMethodChain signature: (Lorg/jboss/aop/MethodInterceptors;)V) Incompatible argument to function
      at com.nortel.oam.wips.kernel.fmk.properties.loader.PropertyModuleLoader.(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
      at com.nortel.oam.wisci.shared.boot.ApplicationLoader.loadModules(ApplicationLoader.java:117)
      at com.nortel.oam.wisci.shared.boot.ApplicationLoader.load(ApplicationLoader.java:57)
      at com.nortel.oam.wips.kernel.network.serialization.WipsFileMgr.loadDirectory(Unknown Source)
      at com.nortel.oam.wips.kernel.network.serialization.WipsFileMgr.createDirectory(Unknown Source)
      at com.nortel.oam.wips.main.WipsLauncher.start(Unknown Source)
      at com.nortel.oam.wips.plugins.utils.Wips.main(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
      at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
      at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)

Did anyone try to use install4j to create installer for AOP applications?
      Many...Many thanks in advance! It's quite an urgency!!!

BR!
      Hualin

• 1. Re: Executable file created by install4j can not be run
          flavia.rainone

Could you please try running aopc with this property enabled?

<sysproperty key="jboss.aop.instrumentor" value="org.jboss.aop.instrument.ClassicInstrumentor"/>

You must also run the application with this property set as above in order for this to work.

This will use an older instrumentation mode. If you stop from getting the VerifyError you mentioned, then we might have a bug in our generated advisor mode. if you still see the VerifyError, then the problem might be with install4j. It will recquire further investigation, though.

• 2. Re: Executable file created by install4j can not be run
            cpsaop

Hi Flavia,
            Many thanks for your reply. Actually, I have tried both of the instrumentors, ClassicInstrumentor(by the property you mentioned) and GeneratedAdvisorInstrumentor(by default), but VerifyError still occurs, although the exception message is different.

I am wondering, Will JBoss AOP community work on the integration issue with install4J? Currently, it's install4J launcher that doesn't support JBoss AOP weaving class. Hope for your response!!!

BR!
            Hualin