I noticed that after closing the modalPanel, my page is been submited... after that, the others became empty.
I'm not sure if the reason is the a4j:commandButtom onclick or the h:commandLink.
There's nothing to do with a4j:actionparam... at least removing it from my modal, I have the same problem.
The problem is that my main form get submitted after hiding the modalPanel, using h:commandLink or h:commandButtom... and after that submiting my bean's properties get a reset (dont know why), leaving all fields empty.
Anybody has a clue about this problem?
1) you use h:commandLink in your modal. This standard component works just as it should. It performs normal submit with full page reloading. use a4j:commandLink and reRender the components you need. panel closure should be done in oncomplete.
2) Why did you calling the modal panel with a4j:control? Do you really need ajax request there?(may be just outputLink?) And whet is more strange - do you really need ajax request fired after the modal has been shown? (maybe shown the modal in oncomplete?)
3) have you read about forms usage with modal panel limitations in our documentation?
thank you for your comments..
1) works like a charm ! thank you !! I was too tired to think in this "angle", I think... :p
2) in fact, I tried so many different ways, that when I put the code here, its comes with a4j:commandButtom, but the problem was in the hideModalPanel...
3) yes... my modal has an internal form for its own components, but it is not inside another form (nested forms)
Ilya, thank you one more time!