3 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2009 3:04 PM by Clebert Suconic RSS

    Mavenization status

    Trustin Lee Apprentice

      I managed to make everything compiles and JAR created, but am seeing test failures. It seems like the Jrunit configuration in pom.xml is incorrect. I disabled all tests temporarily in pom.xml. To run tests, you can run 'ant run-tests' and 'ant run-performance-tests' as usual.

      To build a distribution (zip), run 'ant distr' as usual. I didn't mavenize packaging yet, and I'm not sure if it is even necessary at this point. Let's revisit this issue when we fix the jrunit issue.

      To build a JAR, run 'mvn package'. The resulting JAR file will be located in the ${basedir}/target directory. Clebert, could you make sure the generated JAR contains the correct stuff? If so, we can proceed to tagging and artifact deployment.

      I also made some path changes in build.xml - all intermediary build files are located in the target now instead of the 'build' directory, following Maven convention.

        • 1. Re: Mavenization status
          Trustin Lee Apprentice

          Oh, and it should be safe to remove IntelliJ IDEA project files from the SVN repository because IntelliJ can import a Maven project directly. I don't use IntelliJ, so I left it as is. Feel free to remove or retain it.

          • 2. Re: Mavenization status
            Trustin Lee Apprentice

            Also, please make sure the correct dependency versions were specified in the 'dependencies' section of the pom.xml. The JARs in the ${basedir}/libs directory didn't have version numbers in their file names, so I did wild guess.

            • 3. Re: Mavenization status
              Clebert Suconic Master

               

              "trustin" wrote:
              Also, please make sure the correct dependency versions were specified in the 'dependencies' section of the pom.xml. The JARs in the ${basedir}/libs directory didn't have version numbers in their file names, so I did wild guess.



              Thank you so much Trustin...

              David could upload a release already. I checked the produced JARS and it seemed ok.


              It will be much simpler uploading a fix after this.