6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2008 6:12 AM by tong123123

how to config richfaces with existing apache myfaces project

tong123123

I already read the user guide, it only said

There are some problems with different filters defined in the web.xml file clashing. To avoid these problems, the RichFaces filter must be the first one among other filters in the web.xml configuration file.

For more information look at: http://myfaces.apache.org

but the website http://myfaces.apache.org said nothing about how to configure myfaces with richfaces, so what should I do? should I copy richfaces-api-3.2.1.GA.jar, richfaces-impl-3.2.1.GA.jar to my project lib folder and let it coexists with myfaces-api-1.2.5.jar, myfaces-impl-1.2.5.jar
      ?

• 1. Re: how to config richfaces with existing apache myfaces pro
          nbelaevski

Yes, copy them as should be (do not forget to add richfaces-ui.jar). If you use extension filters you should configure filters chain so that RichFaces filter is the first one.

• 2. Re: how to config richfaces with existing apache myfaces pro
            tong123123

I have extension filter, the setting is
            <filter-mapping>
            <filter-name>extensionsFilter</filter-name>
            <servlet-name>Faces Servlet</servlet-name>
            </filter-mapping>

<servlet-class>javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet</servlet-class>
            <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>

<servlet-mapping>
            <url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
            </servlet-mapping>

how to configure filters chain so that RichFaces filter is the first one?

• 3. Re: how to config richfaces with existing apache myfaces pro
              tong123123

is this correct? put richfaces filter before extensionsFilter in web.xml?
              the physical ordering in web.xml is important, is this all I need?

<filter-mapping>
              <filter-name>richfaces</filter-name>
              REQUEST
              FORWARD
              INCLUDE
              </filter-mapping>
              <filter-mapping>
              <filter-name>extensionsFilter</filter-name>
              </filter-mapping>

• 4. Re: how to config richfaces with existing apache myfaces pro
                tong123123

OH!! Exception occur after adding MyFaces jar!!

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.faces.context.FacesContext.getELContext()Ljavax/el/ELContext;
                 at org.richfaces.skin.SkinFactoryImpl.processProperties(SkinFactoryImpl.java:261)
                 at org.richfaces.skin.SkinFactoryImpl.buildSkin(SkinFactoryImpl.java:301)
                 at org.richfaces.skin.SkinFactoryImpl.getSkinByName(SkinFactoryImpl.java:126)
                 at org.richfaces.skin.SkinFactoryImpl.getSkin(SkinFactoryImpl.java:141)
                 at org.ajax4jsf.event.AjaxPhaseListener.beforePhase(AjaxPhaseListener.java:119)
                 at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.PhaseListenerManager.informPhaseListenersBefore(PhaseListenerManager.java:73)
                 at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:140)
                 at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:147)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
                 at org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:301)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)
                 at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseXMLFilter.doXmlFilter(BaseXMLFilter.java:154)
                 at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.handleRequest(BaseFilter.java:260)
                 at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.processUploadsAndHandleRequest(BaseFilter.java:366)
                 at org.ajax4jsf.webapp.BaseFilter.doFilter(BaseFilter.java:493)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:128)
                 at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)
                 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
                 at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
                 at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
                 at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
                 at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
                 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

• 5. Re: how to config richfaces with existing apache myfaces pro
                  ilya_shaikovsky

is this correct? put richfaces filter before extensionsFilter in web.xml?
                  the physical ordering in web.xml is important, is this all I need?

yes.. the order is important,. And your definition is ok.

About the exception - please write which server you've using and libraries included in application.

• 6. Re: how to config richfaces with existing apache myfaces pro
                    tong123123

I known the reason now. I have mix up different version of MyFaces jar in the lib folder.
                    thanks for your help.