2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2006 3:10 PM by henderson_mk

Advice - multiple views into seam webapp

henderson_mk

Hi folks,

Looking for a bit of advice here... I have a nice seam based webapp thats used internally in an office to manage lists of property... however there is a thought to make a read only view of the data available to the public. There is also potential to let the public register properties on the internet site and provide a more detailed view to the users who own the registered property.

Was thinking:

1) provide a different link to start the app that brings a user to a front page, then let them login or search from there then possibly use a phaselistener to control the navigation somehow?

2) wrap some form of interceptor or annotation around method calls to check what sort of user it is and if they're logged in or not and control the navigation like that?

Any advice appreciated folks, hope you can help.

Thanks in advance,

Marty

• 1. Re: Advice - multiple views into seam webapp
          matthew.edwards

I have started using Seam's integration with jBPM and I have found that it works pretty good. It solves the navigation problem.

Using jBPM page flow I would do something like:

Have the users start at some common page.

When a user clicks on a link to see the list of properties, run a decision. If the decision works out that the user has authority to modify the pages, then send him to a modify section. If the decision is that the user cannot modify pages, send him to the read only section.

jBPM works out really well for these situations. The decision is transparent to the user; the user just sees what he thinks he is supposed to see.

• 2. Re: Advice - multiple views into seam webapp
            henderson_mk

Cheers Matt, will give it a go and see how I get on!