1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 22, 2006 3:48 PM by tschnoelzer

Pageflow error in Tomcat5.5

tschnoelzer

Hi all,

we are using seam in tomcat envirement and want to use jbpm for pageflows. the configuration is in seam.properties like this:

org.jboss.seam.init.componentClasses org.jboss.seam.core.Jbpm
      org.jboss.seam.core.jbpm.pageflowDefinitions pageflow.jpdl.xml

problem when @Begin(pageflow="testflow") public String start() is called:

Caused by: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: /timo.xhtml @18,85 action="#{test.start}": java.lang.NullPointerException
      at com.sun.facelets.el.LegacyMethodBinding.invoke(LegacyMethodBinding.java:73)
      at org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:63)
      ... 23 more
      Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
      at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.ConversationInterceptor.beginPageflow(ConversationInterceptor.java:232)
      at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.ConversationInterceptor.beginNavigation(ConversationInterceptor.java:189)
      at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.ConversationInterceptor.beginConversation(ConversationInterceptor.java:175)
      at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.ConversationInterceptor.beginConversationIfNecessary(ConversationInterceptor.java:136)
      at org.jboss.seam.interceptors.ConversationInterceptor.endOrBeginLongRunningConversation(ConversationInterceptor.java:60)

the cause for this is in the class ConversationInterceptor at:

private void beginPageflow(String processDefinitionName)
      {
      ProcessDefinition pd = Jbpm.instance().getPageflowProcessDefinition(processDefinitionName);
      ProcessInstance pi = pd.createProcessInstance();
      Pageflow.instance().setProcessInstance(pi);
      pi.signal();
      }

where Jbpm.instance is returning null. So the call : (Jbpm) Contexts.getApplicationContext().get(Jbpm.class) has no entry for Jbpm.class in the map. When i call jbpm manually with:

JbpmConfiguration configuration = JbpmConfiguration.getInstance();
      JbpmContext context = configuration.createJbpmContext();
      Jbpm.instance();

i get a right result.

So i think the context is not loaded. Where do i have to put the pageflow.xml to? perhapes the root of classpath is not the place to be?!?!

Thx for any help on this

Timo

• 1. Re: Pageflow error in Tomcat5.5
          tschnoelzer

SOLVED!

for anyone sitting to long in front of these machines:

the web.xml had a servet param with:

<context-param>
          <param-name>org.jboss.seam.core.init.componentClasses</param-name>
          <param-value>org.jboss.seam.core.Microcontainer, org.jboss.seam.core.Jbpm</param-value>
          </context-param>

ONLY for the Microcontainer. I added the jbpm context to seam.properties. they where overwritten by the web.xml! the above param-name is working fine.

Timo